Acid reflux is caused when food is not properly being broken down by the digestive system and usually occurs when a person lays down to sleep, largely because it doesn’t take as much force for stomach acid to travel up the chest and throat.
As human being’s we need stomach acid to helps us break down our food into digestible chunks but as we grow in a year, our bodies take more time to complete this process and thus find it more challenging to keeping the acid from travelling up the body. That’s why we’re more likely to experience this ailment later in life, though it can be triggered in young people too.
The symptoms of acid reflux include:
- A burning sensation in the chest or throat after eating
- A hot sour or salty-tasting fluid in the back of your throat, accompanied by difficulty swallowing
- Difficulty or pain when swallowing
- Feeling sick
Common causes of acid reflux?
- Eating too much too quickly
- Fatty meats and dairy products
- Fried and greasy foods
- Alcohol, caffeinated drinks and spicy food, which can all cause the lower throat sphincter to open.
The remedies we prescribe for treating acid reflux are:
The Products Recommended to support Bipolar disorde is below