Anxiety is one of the most common disorders affecting society today. Those who experience anxiety, suffer from worry and fear which causes them to behave in mild or severe ways. It can be said that at one point or another most people will feel anxiety at some point in their life. For example, you may feel worried and anxious about telling your parent’s that you were fired from your job or having a pregnancy test or job interview. During moments such as these, feeling anxious is perfectly understandable.
With that being said anxiety itself is the resulting symptom of several conditions, including phobias, post-traumatic stress disorder, panic disorder and social anxiety disorder (social phobia).
Most common cause for anxiety
- overactivity in areas of the brain involved in emotions and behaviour
- an imbalance of the brain chemicals serotonin and noradrenaline, which are involved in the control and regulation of mood
- the genes you inherit from your parents – you’re estimated to be five times more likely to develop anxiety if you have a close relative with the condition
- having a history of stressful or traumatic experiences, such as domestic violence, child abuse or bullying
- having a painful long-term health condition, such as arthritis
- having a history of drug or alcohol misuse
The Products Recommended to support Anxiety is below